Thursday, November 02, 2006

FM Radio!

Recently I have been listening to different FM radio stations. This is because currently I have no access to TV. So I have to quench the thirst for entertainment through radio( maybe the lines got a bit cheesy).
Anyway usually I listen to FM 89 and FM 91. Both of them mostly air shows in English. I initially liked 89 because of its much better presentation and much clearer signal, but at the moment I like 91 because of its much better content.
One of my favorite show is the Fasi Zaka show aired at 10pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on FM 91. Yesterday Fasi was discussing things with the guest about different things. They had started off with discussing problems of middle class people and Fasi asked that what was the biggest problem faced by the middle class?
And she said that it was the transport ! I totally agreed with her. While I was living alone in Islamabad transport had been my biggest problem.
First of all the public transport in Islamabad is run by private van owners. So it sucks! There is no proper seating available in most of the vans. The space is all cramped up inside the van.
So my point is that its the responsibility of the government to provide trasport facilities to the public who can not afford there own cars. For god sakes its the capital of the country and you dont have any efficiant mass transit system!
A month back I read a news article that said that the government was doing something about giving a contract to some company( possibly Deawoo). I hope they do something about it soon.

1 Comment:

FM said...

Hmmm MAN
FM Radios are gud to enjoy and best friends in leisures...
Anyways Gud blog
FM
http://www.fayyaz.ueuo.com/blog

Adbrite

Your Ad Here