Friday, December 08, 2006

Being Blind

The world cup for the blind has started recently in Islamabad and the matches are only being held at F-9 Park and the E-9 sector( my very own sector) cricket ground. Although the ground is near to my home but I still haven't gone to watch one of the matches( the reason being too lazy to move around)!
Anyway I tried to see one of the match today between Pakistan and England, but when I reached there the match was already over and England was already packing to go back to their hotels, while the Pakistani team had already left. I will try again tomorrow to watch a match. Anyway I later found out that Pakistan had won.
My point here is not just reporting the event but to creat awareness about blind people and their difficulties. How many times in our lives do we thank Allah for giving us two eyes to see this beautiful world, so vibrant and rich in colours. Could a normal person ever bare to live without seeing his surroundings? I guess no! Well that's why God has created these people so that it reminds us of the bounties, the gifts and the blessings that He has given us. More over its also a test for us that we should help these needy people who need our constant support.
I have recently read that scientist have created a device that aids a visually impaired person to see which also include those which are totally blind. They can make out different objects around them through that device which is constantly modified to bring out a better version of it. I hope that one day blind people would be able to see completely.

0 Comments:

Adbrite

Your Ad Here