Sunday, December 03, 2006

Road to Peshawar

I just came back from Peshawar a few a hours back! It has inevitably started to rain from yesterday. Its raining in Peshawar and its raining here in Islamabad. So most probably its also raining in the rest of Pakistan. The temperature has dropped significantly. I had gone to Peshawar to attend my second cousins wedding. Although wedding ceremonies are meant to be enjoyed but I think this one was boring like any other. I don't know why I end up hating a get together(either a family or a friends one)!
I noticed quite a significant change in Peshawar. While I thought it would be the same or may be even more backward than before. I had been reading in newspaper about the actions of the MMA government in NWFP. I thought Peshawar would be more strict than ever! Women moving around in Burqas( Veils ) and men with beards and stuff like that. But what I find is less women wearing the Burqa and more opting for just a chadar( a large piece of cloth) without covering there faces. There are new big shopping plaza here and there with all the latest stuff apart from the shopping centre claimed to be Pakistans biggest. And then the ever expanding Hayatabad commercial area! You can find anything there. Any product from around the world. Either smuggled or imported.
And MMA was calling Islamabad the " the city of obscenity" or something like that! I also visited one of my khala. And there I met her husbands father. Hes an old man and almost imediatly started to tell old stories from his life, complained about lots of stuff( crime, corruption, blah blah blah, in short form Pakistan) and a lot of other things. One thing I would like to mention is that he said that Afghanis were the most baighairat( anyone for translating that) of all nations. They can do anything for money! Even sell there wives and daughters for the night. I don't know why have I written this.
Personally I hate these fucking Afghanis from the start who are destroying this country even more and are a fucking burden upon this already fucked up country!

0 Comments:

Adbrite

Your Ad Here