Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sitting amidst rich people

I went to Super Market a few days back and it was after quite some time. I think I saw some changes in the people or was it the area it self, I haven't figured that out yet. I guess people of Isloo are changing because of enlightened moderation. More of the girls were wearing jeans and shirts. Anyway who cares? People have the right to wear what ever they want to wear!
I had basically went to buy a book to read (which I did in the end). I noticed a marked increase in the prices of the books, even in the pirated ones. I bought a book buy John Grisham and finished it in a day. John Grisham is one of my favorite authors.
I may have mentioned earlier that I notice a lot in my surroundings and what's happening around me. While going around in the market I saw for an instant a middle aged man while passing in front of him, who sitting infront of a shop selling socks! I think his legs were either broken or he had some disease. The socks on display were only few in number possibly 8-10. And they seemed to be of the lowest quality. And I wondered for rest of the night about the life of that poor guy who trying to earn a living in the harsh cold weather. Who was at the mercy of the rich. I felt sorry for him but what could people like me do except just pray to Allah. One of my priority in life would be to help poor people like these in the future ( provided that I was very rich).

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You should, I say you must, go back to that old man and buy ONE pair of socks. Please. That is going to help him much more.

GMan320 said...

You do not need to be rich to help those with less than you. You only need to have a spirit of giving and being charitable, and you seem to already have that.

Good luck!

Adbrite

Your Ad Here